Bedford Bee Intensive Field Day
April 29 @ 8:00 am - 3:00 pm$15
A hands on field day event with live hive inspections. It is designed for beekeepers with at least one year of beekeeping experience. Guests with less experience are encouraged to attend the beginning beekeepers class.
There will be a Beginning Beekeeper class
Bring your own protective clothing. Live Bees on site to work with.
- Making Increase and Splits
- Problems of the Hive(laying workers, bad queens, Small Hive Beetle, Dearth,Wax Moth, Mites
- Treatment of Bees For Mites Using Oxalic Acid
- Round table discussion
- Hive inspection
- Soaps, Lip Balm, Wax usage
- Honey Judging, Honey tasting using Honey tasting guide of U.S.
- Mead Making
- Wood ware and hive types
- Nosema Testing-Microscope usage.
- Honey Tasting
- Several other classes in the planning stages
All information can be found on the Bedford website as well as the registration information. Lunch is provided with your registration. Pre-registration is required.
Other vendors will be there selling equipment and supplies.