- This event has passed.
Deadline for Jump Starter Program is Jan. 15, 2020
November 12, 2019 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
The deadline for submitting an application is January 15, 2020.
- Eligible applicants are new beekeepers that are members of TBoI.
- The applications will come from the local club only.
- The local club can submit one application per year.
- Individuals are not allowed to submit an application.
- A mentor will be provided by the local club for the new beekeeper. The mentor must be a member of TBoI with at least 3 years of experience.
- If the new beekeeper becomes disinterested, then the local club will be responsible for finding another new beekeeper to use the equipment.
- The local club will need to submit the name of the new beekeeper to the Jump Starter Committee.
- Regional Director will submit the reports to the board of directors before each board meeting.
- Jump Starter Committee will review applications and Chairman will notify local club on application approval.
- Jump Starter Committee will have final say on application approval.
- The board of directors is required to vote on the continuation and funding of this program at the third quarter board of directors meeting each year.
- Mentor and new beekeeper will be required to provide a quarterly written report and pictures to their Regional Director. Failure to comply will forfeit 2021 eligibility.
Provided by The Beekeepers of Indiana
- Hive Bodies - unassembled
- Frames and foundation (plastic or wax), unassembled
- 100 Support Pins with plastic foundation
- 1 Screen bottom board
- 1 Entrance reducer
- 1 Inner cover
- 1 Wood & Metal Telescoping Cover
- 1 Quad Top Feeder
- 1 Smoker
- 1 Bee Brush
- 1 J–hook hive tool
Provided by the Local Club
- 1 Package of Bees
- 1 Protective Clothing
Jump Starter Program
7784 N. Sanctuary Lane
Mooresville, IN 46158–6082
Attn: Debbie Seib
For questions email Chairman – Debbie Seib at [email protected]