- This event has passed.
SIBA Monthly Meeting – John Schellenberger
October 19, 2023 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
John Schellenberger, (President of The Beekeepers of Indiana), will come and discuss the new Great Plains Master Beekeepers Program. He'll also talk about The Beekeepers of Indiana, becoming a member, absentee voting and encourage beekeepers to subscribe to beekeeping periodicals, books etc. John gets most excited in the spring, building/placing nuc swarm traps to catch over wintered swarms! As cousin Kenny always reminded us, “Remember, it’s not how many hives you keep, but how well you keep your hives." Think about that. Here's a little more about John.
- Lifetime member,
- Currently serving as TBOI President,
- Served as Vice President-in 2019 worked with local State Senators and Representative to pass SB 529 protecting beekeeping in Indiana.
- Presenter at TBOI annual school-Catching Swarms.
- Growing up, helped my Dad and his first cousin keep bees and harvest honey.
- Beekeeper for over 18 years and enjoy mentoring new beekeepers.
- Journeyman University of Montana
- Journeyman Candidate Great Plains Master Beekeeper Program
- Write a biweekly article on beekeeping-Plan Bee in our local News and Tribune newspaper
- Married to Anita for 47 years
- Daughters: Jill and Julie, grandson; Gus, Daniel and Vera
- Retired from BellSouth and AT&T Mobility after 30 years as telecommunications engineer and project manager
- Education: Post graduate degrees in Electrical Engineering and Business.
- Currently serving my seventh year as Floyd County Commissioner.
- Served ten years on the Floyd County Indiana, County Council.
- Very good relationship with local State Senators and Representatives as well as Farm Bureau.
SIBA Meetings occur the 3rd Thursday of each month through the year with topics being added to the event ahead of each meeting. Meetings are held at 6:30pm at the Sunman American Legion unless otherwise stated ahead of time in the newsletter and website. We're also looking for volunteers to help make the club GO. Contact us to let us know you are interested in helping out!
Check the website or Facebook for the latest information.