Submitted by Jim Orem I have been watching the goldenrod turn from bright yellow to gold and soon it will be brown. The honeybees are already starting to work the asters. We pulled supers and harvested honey on Monday. Now it is time to think about fall and winter. If your hives are still light after goldenrod…Read more
Recent Posts by Jason
Submitted by J. Morgan There's a lot of information that can be gained by taking a closer look at something we usually disregard. Particularly, the boards on the bottom of our bee hive. At the present time, I have screened bottom boards under my hives... so what am I talking about? Today, I paid another visit to Jim…Read more
Submitted by J. Morgan There's a lot of opinions and thoughts on sugar dusting and so on Thursday, September 16, 2010, we decided to address the topic. The associated video was our attempt to further explain and demonstrate the matter. Techniques and thoughts vary depending on who you ask or the area you are…Read more
Recent Comments by Jason
- December 7, 2019 on Get your swarm traps ready for Spring!
- November 28, 2019 on Get your swarm traps ready for Spring!
- November 19, 2019 on Get your swarm traps ready for Spring!
- October 16, 2019 on Making a winter candy board to overwinter honey bees
- September 3, 2019 on Making a winter candy board to overwinter honey bees