Beekeeping History and Experience
- I have been keeping bees for about 7 years now. Started out with just a couple hives and have had as many as 46
- 7 year member of the club but now a lifetime member
- My retirement plan is to up my number of hives to 50-75 and make beekeeping a second career
- During retirement I would like to start a 4-H beekeeping club to help keep beekeeping going into the future.
- I have been a mechanic for almost 40 years now. 31 years ago we started our business, Hoosier Foreign Auto Service and most recently added Hoosier Powersports. We also operate Hoosier Lock and Key Storage.
Family, Hobbies and life interests
- I have been married for 37 years to my best friend and fellow beekeeper Doty
- We have 2 grown children and 3 grandsons
- Along with our businesses we also raise grass finished Angus freezer beef
- I was president of the Dearborn County Fair for over 15 years and helped lead the board from being in the red at the end of each year to having surplus savings to be able to run and pay for the 4-H fair if needed for 2 years without having to have a County Fair to raise money.
- I am co owner and podcaster on the podcast, “Cross The Line 15/24”
- Goals for being in the leadership role of SIBA
- I would like to see the club raise enough money or through donations purchase a piece of property where the club could have a building and keep bees on site. The land could be used for education purposes for other clubs, 4-H kids, FFA kids and other organizations that have an interest in bees and beekeeping
Thank you for your consideration, Duane Bischoff